12 September 2008

rock bottom...again

Last night I hit an emotional rock bottom. I found out that a woman who I dislike is very close to getting her OTCH, and her dog just got his UD about 6 months ago. It frustrates me to see people pass us by who have had "easy" dogs. Even worse, this woman is a poor sport and terrible winner. I try not to compare myself to others, but it's hard when you're in direct competition with them. Last night I promised Harley that I wouldn't do that anymore. It's not helping us. It's draining on me to work so hard night after night, month after month, and make such slow progress.

The last time I hit bottom (Land O Lakes show in January where we flunked 6 for 6), I gave myself the choice to either work harder or quit. We worked harder. We got a lot better. Now we have nearly doubled the amount of points we had at that point. They say you need to give it up to get it. They say that you can't plan out every step of the way. You need to let "The Plan" work out the way its supposed to. Last night I hit an emotional bottom and gave it up. I can't do this by myself; I don't have the strength. I prayed for strength and patience. I prayed for help in Letting Go, and Letting God. I prayed for help in rising from rock bottom once again, and for making it up the final plateau. Amen.

No comments: