Harley did great at the Anoka County trial on Saturday (we were only entered one day). We worked really hard on go-outs this week, and her go-outs were BEAUTIFUL. Straight, all the way to the fence, nice tight QUIET sit.......but then she didn't drop on the signals! Argh! I was so happy with her go-outs that I almost didn't care though. We were playing on the same team, and that was nice. Too bad though.....if she had qualified we would have tied with Widget for 1st!Better yet....I was surprised to win Open and get 10 more points! So we are up to 83 now. We had a run off with Judy Wilson and Widget for High in Trial....and won the run off! Harley really came through for me yesterday. That's Harley: barking and biting one weekend, winning HIT the next.
All this was a mental victory on my part - I focused most on my state of mind this week. Especially the victory against Widget. I worked hard to remember that we could definitely beat them, and just focused on what I needed to do to win. My mantra for the whole day was "This is easy. We've done this a million times." And I do feel that is true. So I need to focus on that, focus on enjoying this journey with Harley. That 1st will come. I think now I really believe it.
Thank you, God, for that pick-me-up. I really needed it. But of course, you knew that.
Training notes
Go-outs - I focused on getting her to touch the stantion and that really worked.
Before going in the ring I massaged her and focused on her as my friend. We also practiced and rewarded "Watch".
No comments:
Post a Comment