18 September 2008

It's gotta be fun

Being Hitler just isn't fun for me.  I think it's participating in my frustration, and also contributing to my perfectionism.  Being Hitler means keeping an eagle eye out for absolutely anything that goes wrong - and then the perfectionist in me can't let it go.  I think for at least a time, I need to stop being Hitler.

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to give corrections.  That doesn't mean that I'm not going to work towards a perfect performance.  What it means is that I'm going to enjoy my FRIEND Harley again.  What am I doing this for if we aren't even having fun together anymore?  I'm going to work on communicating and teaching her like I do with Teego.

Training notes
Do more closer go-outs and focus on touching the stantion
Use treats more frequently for a job well-done
Remember to praise what she did right as well as enforce what she did incorrectly
I need to get her back to where she is trying, and me back to having fun

No comments: